Essentials of Diagnosis:-
• Sudden onset of explosive diarrhoea.
• Stool if grey, turbid without any faecal odour, blood
or pus (rice water stool).
• Rapid development of dehydration, acidosis, hypo-
• Positive stool culture and agglutination of vibrios
with specific sera.
• Fever is absent but vomiting may coexist.
Oral solution consists of:-
Pot chloride -1.5gm
Glucose – 20 mg
Water up to-1 litre
Sodium chloride 5 gram
Glucose -20 gram
Water up to -1 litre
Tetracycline 500 mg 6 hourly for 5 days. or
Chloramphenicol 500 mg 6 hourly. or
Doxycycline 100 mg daily. or
Ofloxacin 200 mg 12 hourly,
Dehydration is to be compensated.