FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOR BEAUTY
Natural ways to look better.
Fashion always goes with beauty. Here are some beauty tips using natural fruits and vegetables.
CUCUMBER:- This inexpensive, readily available vegetable works miracles on the skin.
- Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need everyday, just one cucumber contains vitamins B 1, B 2, B 3, B 6, and vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphrous, potassium and zinc.
- The photo chemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer. Reduces wrinkles too.
- Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients t he body lost, keeping everything in equilbrium.
- Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a pot of boiling water. The chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber react with the boiling water and the steam released creates a soothing, relaxing aroma that reduces stress.
- Chewing a slice of cucumber will give you fresh breath to your mouth. The photo chemicals in cucumber will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for bad breath.
- Since cucumbers also contain around 96 percent water and they can help rehydrate the body and aid in weight loss.
- To one tablespoonful of cucumber juice stir in a few drops of lime juice and dash of turmeric powder. Apply on your face and neck and wash off after half an hour. Makes an excellent whitener for all types of skins.
CABBAGE:- Grind a couple of cabbage leaves and extract the juice. Dissolve one-fourth of a teaspoon of yeast in it and add one tablespoon of honey. Mix well and apply thickly over your face and neck. Remove with cotton wool soaked in water 15 minutes after application. This mask will counteract any tendency towards wrinkles and dryness and give your skin a flower-like bloom.
For dry skin:- Boil some milk with cabbage leaves that have been chopped. Wait until it cools slightly, then apply to the entire face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
For oily skin:- Blend the cabbage leaves with egg albumen, then apply on the face and keep it for 20 minutes. Clean the face with cotton and wool soaked in the potion, then rinse the face thoroughly with warm water.
To brighten the skin:- Cabbages are also able to brighten the skin. Apply cabbage juice to the face and wash the face after 10 minutes. This juice when applied everyday diminishes dark spots and brightens the face.
AVOCADO:- Avocados have a treasure of anti-ageing attributes, including vitamins A, D, and E, as well as proteins, lecithin, potassium and beta-carotene, a cancer fighting ingredient. Avocados are also high in emollient qualities imparted by sterolins which work to heat sun-damaged skin, scars and reduce age spots.
- Make a paste of 2 avocados, 3 spoons of salt, 1/4 cup honey, grated rind of 2 lemons along with its juice and 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Make a smooth and creamy paste an apply it and leave it for about 10 minutes. Cleanse with warm water.
- Avocado is so effective for under-eye puffiness. Peel an avocado, remove the pit, and slice a half into quarter-inch crescents. lie down, secure a few slices under each eye, and rest for about 20 minutes. The result is pure magic.
- Take a quarter of an avocado with one egg white, two dessert spoons of oatmeal and a teaspoon of lemon juice and blend them together. Apply evenly to your hands, leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Dry, rough skin becomes softer and smoother. This is most useful in acute winter.