GREEN TEA vs BLACK TEA
Though green and black tea are obtained from the same plant, there are quite a few significant differences between them. Research demonstrates that there are similar health benefits to almost every tea. Experts tells us more…
- Green tea leaves aren’t fermented and hence don’t go through the oxidation process that black tea undergoes, making it extremely rich in the EGCG, a popular antioxidant known for fighting cancer, cardiovascular conditions and more.
- Green tea contains 1/4 th of the caffeine that coffee has, making it healthier.
- Since oxidation is arrested, it is believed that more polyphenols are preserved.
- It supports weight loss programmes that include diet and exercise.
- Green tea leaves is good for afternoon breaks and meditation in the evening.
- It is less acidic and so, washes off acidic waste.
- Pure organic green tea creates a detoxifying effect, giving you glowing skin, boosted metabolism and stronger immunity.
MAKE THE PERFECT GREEN TEA:- Bring 220 ml water to 80 C. Add two grams of green tea leaves, Let it sit for three minutes. Strain and serve, Do not add anything.
- The EGCG in black tea is destroyed during the fermentation process. Hence, green tea is shead of black tea in its antioxidant quality and quantity.
- Black tea contains 1/3 th the amount of caffeine you coffee contains.
- It hydrates the body and strengthens the immune system with bacteria fighting antioxidants and promotes blood flow to the brain.
- It improves focus and concentration.
- It’s a morning “eye-opener”.
- Black tea and coffee are more acidic. Mild black tea needs lemon to kill acidity.
MAKE THE PERFECT BLACK TEA:- Bring 220 ml of water to 100 C. Add two grams of black tea leaves. Let it sit for four minutes. Strain and pour. Optionally, you could add lemon, sugar, cream, milk, etc.
KEEP IN MIND:-
- Do not mix teapots if you are preparing different types of tea.
- Do not overheat the water.
- Green tea is delicate and boiling water may burn the leaves, destroy its properties and drive the enema away.
- Pour or make tea only in clean, dry and warm cups and teapots.