Hahnemann to 267 years of Homeopathy- a birth Anniversary( April 10, 2022)
What is the importance of the World Homeopathy day ?
April 10 is the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Hahnemann, the founder and creator of the alternative system of medicine called Homeopathy.
- To create awareness about homeopathy.
- Let people know about the effectiveness of homeopathy against common and uncommon ailments.
- To make it more accessible to common people as the cost of the medicines is very affordable.
- To help modernize this system of medicine and keep it up to the times
- To identify the challenges faced by homeopathy doctors and identify strategies to take it forward in the 21st century.
Samah samam shamayati -the law of similars.
The principle on which homeopathy is established. In healthy people, a homeopathic medicine is able to produce symptoms of the disease under treatment.
In India, Homeopathy belongs to the group of systems of medicine which include Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy. The minister for AYUSH declared that a strategic push to encourage students and the public to take up Homeopathy on a larger scale than it is at present.
India is one of the foremost proponents of Homeopathy in the world.
Homeopathic remedies work at miniscule doses. A carrier medicine( like sugar or lactose) is covered with a drop of the prepared homeopathic remedy.
Homeopathy is thus an individualistic system of medicine , tailormade to each patient. As against Allopathic medicine homeopathy believes in treating and caring for each individual patient . This is its strength.
The challenges faced by Homeopathy are the scepticism and lack of research to prove that Homeopathic remedies actually work in known diseases or actually produce the symptoms of the disease in healthy individuals.