Identify Signs You Are An Intuitive Empath
WHAT IS AN empath actually? This is the type of person who tends to feel various feelings, sometimes all at once. This person does not only feel their own emotions and energy. There are a lot of people who use the word ‘empath’ without knowing exactly what it means. You do know that you are highly sensitive to the feelings and emotions of the people that you love because you care for them but an empath can strongly feel the emotions of other people even if it is the first time they have met.
This is one type of ability that not everyone has. Some empathics are not only connected to others through their emotions and feelings, they also have a tendency to know when their intuition is trying to tell them something. Perhaps you can check out some of these signs to determine if you are.
- You normally feel when a bad situation is about to happen and you turn outright.
- You find ways to get the things that you want. All the opportunities line up just for you.
- You have the ability to know how things will work out even before the event actually takes place.
- You know that there is always something to sense even in a quiet room.
When you are with a large group of people, you normally feel exhausted because the energies that people are sending out are coming through you. As a result, you would need to spend time doing nothing all alone. It will be the recharge that you need after a stressful time.
What Are the 3 Main Types of Empaths?
While every empath lives a different experience, Orloff’s book identifies three main types, and defines them as such.
1. Physical Empath
You are especially attuned to other people’s physical symptoms and tend to absorb them into your body. You also can become energized by someone’s sense of well-being. For example, if a physical empath’s friend is complaining about sharp stomach pains, the physical empath might start to feel a similar pain in their own body.
2. Emotional Empath
You mainly pick up other people’s emotions and can become a sponge for their feelings, both happy and sad. Orloff give this example for what an emotional empath is: “They can sit beside a depressed person while watching a comedy and walk out of the movie theater feeling depressed. How? The other person’s energy field overlaps with the empath’s field during the film.”
3. Intuitive Empath
You experience extraordinary perceptions such as heightened intuition, telepathy, messages in dreams, animal and plant communication, as well as contact with the other side. Intuitive empaths can be broken down further into these seven types (heads up that this veers more into the spiritual than scientific):
- Telepathic Empaths receive intuitive information about others in present time.
- Precognitive Empaths have premonitions about the future while awake or dreaming.
- Dream Empaths are avid dreamers and can receive intuitive information from dreams that helps others and guides them in their own lives.
- Mediumship Empaths can access spirits on the other side.
- Plant Empaths can feel the needs of plants and connect with their essence.
- Earth Empaths are attuned to changes in our planet, our solar system and the weather.
- Animal Empaths can tune into animals and communicate with them.