SETS OF EXERCISES
SET 1: REPEAT 3 TIMES
Shoulder press — 15 repetitions
This exercise can be done with other with dumbbells or the other shoulder-press machine.
- Holding on to the handles of the machine, engage your abs so that there is a slight gap between the lower back and the back pad of the machine.
- Press the handles up without locking your elbows.
- Lower your arms until your elbows are slightly lower than your shoulders.
Leg raises on decline bench – 1 minute
- Set the angle of the bench to around 30 to 45 degrees. Lie down on the bench backwards, with your head the highest end a nd hold the pads above your head for stability.
- Keep your feet and knees together as yo point your legs to form a straight plank with your body. Your legs should not be resting on the bench. This is the starting position.
- Bring your feet up as far as possible a nd then lower them back to the starting position.
- Add intensity by holding dumbbell between your feet.
Side raises — 15 repetitions
- Hold your dumbbells by your side with your palms facing your body.
- Lift the dumbbells with a slight bend at the elbow and your hands tilted slightly forward until your arms are parallel to the floor. Exhale as do you this.
- Inhale as you lower the dumbbells back down.
Squat to lunge — 1 minute
- Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees while keeping your upper body as straight as possible, as though lowering yourself onto a seat behind you. Lower yourself as far as you can without leaning your upper body more than a few inches forward.
- Raise your body and turn to your right side. bend your right knee to drop into a lunge. Straighten your legs and return to the starting point. Repeat on the other side.
SET 2 : REPEAT 3 TIMES
Close-grip lat pull down : 10 repetitions
- Sit in front of an adjustable cable machine with a straight bar attachment positioned at the high setting.
- Extend your arms upwards to grab the bar. Your hands should be three to five inches apart with both palms facing your body.
- Pull the bar down until it touches your chest. Pause and then slowly return the bar to the starting point.
Weighted leg raises: 15 repetitions
- Sit on the end of bench and place a dumbbell between your feet.
- Lie back on the bench. Hold the sides of the bench, behind your head, for support. This is your starting position.
- Raise your legs and bend your knees at a right angle.
- Lower your legs and straighten your knees to return to the starting position.
Back row — 12 repetitions
- Sit down on the machine making sure that your knees are slightly bent and not locked.
- Extend your arms to grab the handles. Pull back until your torso is at a 90-degree angle from your legs. This is your starting position.
- Keep your torso stationary as you pull the handles back towards your torso. Breathe out as you do so. Avoid swinging your torso back and forth as this can injure your lower back.
- Slowly return to the starting position as you inhale.
- Skipping — 1 minute
SET 3: REPEAT 3 TIMES
Decline dumbbell bench press: 12 repetitions
- Secure your legs at the end of the decline bench and lie down with a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms in front of you. The dumbbells should be at shoulder-width with the palms of your hands facing upwards. This is your starting position.
- Lower the dumbbells to chest-level and then push them back up to the starting position. Take at least twice as long to go down than to come up.
Decline bench sit-ups: 20 repetitions
- Lie down on a decline bench, which has been set at a 30-45 degree angle.
- Place your hands on either side of your head. This is your starting position.
- Contract your abs and raise your shoulders off the bench by about 4 inches.
- Lower your body to the starting position.
Glute bridges — 1 minute
- Lie down on your back with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees.
- Raise your hips upwards as high as you can. Contract your glute muscles. hold this position to 1-3 seconds before lowering your body to the starting position.
- Running — 1 minute