SKIN PIGMENTATION- A Major Problem
Skin Pigmentation is type of disorder which is caused in skin of different body parts.
Pigmentation – It is the term used for coloring . Our skin is having a pigment of color which gives the color of our skin , called as melanin .
Melanin is synthesized by melanocytes
Melanin gives dark color to our body so,
- If the melanin amount is so high then the person’s skin become darker in color .
- If the melanin amount is so less then the person’s skin become whitish in color.
Colors of skin –
There are some disorders of pigmentation –
- Hyperpigmentation – it is the condition of hyper secretion of melanin
- Hypopigmentation -it is the condition of less secretion of melanin.
Melanin synthesis and secretion influences the-
- skin color
- UV radiation
- Hormonal disbalance
Causes of Hypopigmentation
- genetic disorder
- Hormonal Imbalance
Causes of Hyperpigmentation
- Nutritional Disorder
- Post Inflammatory Disorder
- Genetic disorder
- Metabolic Disorder