“SPROUTED SALADS TO TRY”
Whole sprouts are good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, proteins, minerals and low in fat. They provide most of the energy required by the body. Unfortunately a substantial amount of protein content.
Whole grains are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals and are Heart Friendly. Here are a few pulses salad to try:-
- MOONG SPROUTS SALAD:- In this salad recipe, we need to steam or boil the sprouts till they are completely cooked. You can add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilli, and sprinkle black salt and few drops of lemon on it. You can also add boiled potatoes in addition to onions and tomatoes. You can also subsitute boiled potatoes with boiled sweet potatoes. You can also boost the nutritive value of this salad by adding roasted peanuts or seeds like sunflower, seasame and pumpkin.
- BEAN SPROUTS AND CUCUMBER SALAD:– These colorful vegetables are dressed in a delicious garlic and basil flavored dressing. The lemon and basil dressing in this salad serves as an excellent source of vitamin C which further adds in the absorption of iron from our diet. If you cannot find fresh basil, subsitute it with 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil, as dried herbs are more potent than fresh herbs.
- BEAN AND CAPSICUM SALAD:- Protein rich in rajma and chick peas tossed with roasted capsicum and Indian spices to perfection. Generously loaded with protein, fiber and other important nutrients like calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin C, this salad is an all in one treat for healthy skin.
- BEAN SPROUT AND MACRONI SALAD:- Myraid colors and flavors come together in a very aesthetic way to make this a rich and memorable accompainment. Combine bean sprouts, cooked macroni, cooking cheese cubes, chopped tomatoes, capsiscums cubes and salt. Regrigerate to chill. Make dressing from mustard, sarson powder, oil, vinegar, chopped garlic, sugar and salt. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well. Serve immediately.
- BEAN AND VEGETABLE SALAD:- Combine the rajma, cabbage, carrots and capsicum in a deep bowl a nd toss well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes just before serving, pour the dressing made of white vinegar, powdered sugar, olive oil, mustard and sarson powder and salt to taste on top and toss well. Serve immediately….
Happy Eating Sprouts Salads and stay Slim 🙂