THINGS YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON WHILE WORKING OUT YOUR BICEPS
To those who know the science behind working behind biceps, growth isn’t a big deal. To those who don’t, growing bigger biceps remains a mystery. If you step into the gym and start pounding curls after curls, you need to step and keep these things in mind.
- WEIGHTS DOESN’T MATTER AS MUCH AS THE FORM AND MOTION OF THE ARMS:- Body building isn’t about lifting heavy weight. It’s about using heavy weight intelligently to facilitate maximum hypertrophy. If you aren’t hitting the targeted muscle because you got to lift heavy, you need to leave your ego at home. Extreme overloading will make you sacrifice your for,. You will lean forward and lean back way more than required. Increasing the poundage is important for gains but don’t go too heavy too early. If the concentric and eccentric medians are slow and controlled. 15 kg-18 kg dumbbells can help you achieve an unbelievable pump. Contraction is the key to fuller and bigger biceps.
2. ALWAYS START WITH THE CURLS IN WHICH YOU CAN LIFT THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT:- Ask yourself. How much weight can you lift in barbell curls, individual arm bicep curls of concentration curls? The answer is generally the straight barbell curls but it can surely be different, for different lifters. Call it the maximum mass builder and keeping on increasing weight with every set till you hit your max.
3. USE VARIED GRIPS:- Gripping while curling is the most overlooked thing. The reality is that grip, width and palm position affects muscle involvement. For example, a grip inside shoulder width will work the long head of the bicep also called the “peak”. The wider the grip, the more will be the focus on the short head. The hammer grip curls is the ultimate exercise for developing the brachialis and brachioradlis.
4. NEVER TAKE YOUR CURLS REALLY HIGH:- A lot of lifters think that taking the dumbbell high up while curling up is completing the range of motion. The reality is that it’s nothing like that. Simply putting it — you need to keep your muscle under consistent tension throughout the motion. If you take it too higher up, assistance from the front deltoids get involved and the stress on the biceps is shared. Keep your motion according to the involvement of the muscles you feel.
5. NEVER FORGET TO DO “NEGATIVE ONLY” SETS ONLY:-
Take assistance while curling up and curl down as slow and as controlled as possible. This is how negative only acts are done. If done properly, negative only sets will set your brachialis on fire.Negative reps bear nothing but ruthless pain and strong grins.